March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
Colorectal cancer refers to both rectal and colon cancers. It is the second leading cause of cancer death in men and women combined in the United States.
- There will be an estimated 147,950 new cases of colorectal cancer in 2020.
- 1 in 20 people will be diagnosed with colorectal cancer.
- 1 in 3 people are not up-to-date with colorectal cancer screening.
- 60% of colorectal cancer deaths could be prevented with screening.
- 25% of people diagnosed with colorectal cancer have a family history. Know your cancer risk.